Professional Teeth Whitening in Lakeland, FL
When you look in the mirror, do you wish your smile was a little whiter and a little more vibrant? It’s a fact of life that, as we age, all of us start to lose that youthful brightness, but professional teeth whitening at our Lakeland, FL dental office turns back the clock to reveals a more luminous, brilliant smile.
Professional vs. OTC Whiteners – Which Is Better?
It can be tempting to try over-the-counter whitening products because they’re accessible and inexpensive. Unfortunately, you can invest a lot of time and money in store-bought whiteners and not see the results that are possible with professional products.
At Quality Dental Care, we offer our customized take-home kits that are superior to store-bought in a couple of important ways:
- Over-the-counter whiteners cannot be as potent as professional products because they must be safe for use by the widest number people. You can spend weeks whitening your teeth with OTC products and not see the brilliant results possible with prescription-strength whiteners.
- Instead of generic whitening trays used in store-bought products, professional whitening uses trays that are customized using impressions of your teeth. A custom fit provides the most consistent coverage and keeps the whitening gel on your teeth and away from sensitive gum tissue.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening in Lakeland, FL Work?
The process for professional whitening in Lakeland is straightforward:
- Make an appointment with us to come to our dental office where we’ll take impressions of your teeth that we use to create your custom trays.
- We make a model using the impressions and send it to a custom lab that fabricates your trays
- When your trays are ready, stop by our office to pick them up along with your whitening gel and instructions for using them.
- Place the provided whitening gel in the trays as instructed and wear 30 minutes daily for about two weeks.
While everyone sees different results, at the end of the two weeks, most patients achieve a smile that’s about six shades brighter than when they started. To maintain the beautiful results, use your trays and any remaining whitening gel for monthly touchups at home.
How to Keep Your Smile Bright after Teeth Whitening
There are several steps you can take to maintain the brilliant results:
- Brush twice a day and floss once to prevent plaque buildup from dulling your smile.
- Visit our dental office twice a year for a dental cleaning that will clear away plaque and revive your smile.
- Avoid staining foods and beverages like coffee, red wine, tomato sauce, and curries.
- If you smoke, consider quitting. Nothing ruins a bright smile faster than smoking!
Please Call Our Dentist Office in Lakeland for An Appointment
If you’re tired of a dull smile and ready to learn more about professional teeth whitening, please call Quality Dental Care at (863) 858-3891. Our dentists in Lakeland, FL will be happy to explain the process and schedule your next dental exam and teeth cleaning!