Dental Veneers in Lakeland, FL
How do you feel about your smile around others? Do you smile openly from the heart, or do dental damage and cosmetic flaws make you want to cover your mouth?
At Quality Dental Care of Lakeland, we believe that everyone deserves to enjoy a smile that they’re proud to share with others, and we offer cosmetic dentistry treatments like porcelain veneers to help you get there.
Dental Veneers for a Beautiful Smile
There’s a common misconception that veneers are a high-end treatment available only to movie stars and celebrities. While we can definitely give you a “Hollywood” smile with veneers, we also use them in conjunction with other treatments to create a personalized smile makeover.
Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to alter their appearance. Our Lakeland cosmetic dentists can place a veneer on one or two teeth, or we can customize an entire set, depending on your needs.
There are many reasons why our cosmetic dentists might recommend veneers, such as:
- Conceal severe staining that resists teeth whitening treatment
- Alter the appearance of slightly misaligned teeth
- Close uneven gaps and spacing
- Improve the shape, size, or color of a tooth
Indirect vs. Direct Veneers
We want you to have options, so we are pleased to offer two types of porcelain veneers at our dental office – direct and indirect. Let’s take a look at what each offers:
- Indirect veneers are created using impressions of your teeth that we send to a dental lab where your veneer is customized to our specifications for shape, size, and shade. When your veneers are ready in about two weeks, you will return to our office so we can make any adjustments and bond them to your teeth. With proper care, lab-fabricated veneers can last as long as ten years.
- Direct veneers involve using a tooth-colored composite filling material that’s added directly to your teeth, layer by layer. Composites are made of a mixture of glass and resin particles that gives them an appearance that closely resembles natural tooth enamel.
Since our dentists place direct veneers here at our office, there’s no wait to receive them back from the lab. For this reason, direct veneers tend to be the more affordable cosmetic treatment option, but they will need to be replaced about every five years.
Improve Your Smile with Veneers in Lakeland, FL
If you have damaged teeth or aesthetic flaws you want to address, please call Quality Dental Care at (863) 858-3891 to arrange a commitment-free consultation. Lakeland cosmetic dentists Drs. Vernon Smith or Mohammad Zaman will be happy to meet with you to evaluate your needs, answer your questions, and help you make an informed decision about which treatment is most appropriate for you.