Porcelain Veneers in Lakeland, FL
How do you feel about your smile when you are around others? Do you smile openly from the heart because you know your teeth look healthy and beautiful? Or do dental damage and cosmetic flaws make you want to cover your mouth when you're interacting with friends or business associates?
At Quality Dental Care of Lakeland, we believe that everyone deserves to enjoy a smile that they’re proud to share with others, and we offer treatments like porcelain veneers to help you get there.
When Porcelain Veneers in Lakeland, FL Are a Good Choice
There’s a common misconception that veneers are a high-end cosmetic treatment available only to movie stars and celebrities. While we can definitely give you a “Hollywood” smile with veneers, we also use them in conjunction with other treatments to create a personalized smile makeover.
Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to alter their appearance. We can place a veneer on one or two teeth, or we can customize an entire set, depending on your needs.
There are many reasons why we might recommend veneers for you:
- Conceal severe staining that resists whitening treatment
- Alter the appearance of slightly misaligned teeth
- Close uneven gaps and spacing
- Improve the shape, size, or color of a tooth
The Difference between Indirect and Direct Veneers at Quality Dental Care of Lakeland
We want you to have options, so we are pleased to offer two types of porcelain veneers at our Lakeland, FL dental office – direct and indirect. Let’s take a look at what each offers:
- Indirect veneers are created using impressions of your teeth that we send to a dental lab where your veneer is customized to our specifications for shape, size, and shade. When your veneers are ready in about two weeks, you will return to our office so we can make any adjustments and bond them to your teeth. With proper care, lab-fabricated veneers can last as long as ten years. Direct veneers involve using a tooth-colored composite filling material that’s added directly to your teeth, layer by layer. Composites are made of a mixture of glass and resin particles that gives them an appearance that closely resembles dental enamel. Since we place direct veneers here at our Lakeland, FL dental office, there’s no wait to receive them back from the lab. For this reason, direct veneers tend to be the more affordable dental option, but they will need to be replaced about every five years.
Would You Like to Learn More about Veneers in Lakeland, FL?
If you have damaged teeth or aesthetic flaws you want to address, please call Quality Dental Care to arrange a commitment-free consultation. Lakeland dentists Dr. Smith or Dr. Zaman will be happy to meet with you to evaluate your needs, answer your questions, and help you make an informed decision about which treatment is most appropriate for you.