Emergency Dental Care in Lakeland, FL
There are all sorts of dental emergencies, but the one thing they have in common is that you need relief, and you need it now! At Quality Dental Care of Lakeland, we are equipped to handle a wide range of emergencies from a lost dental crown to severe tooth pain. Whatever your concern, your emergency dentist in Lakeland, FL will provide the care and relief you need and get you back on your way.
Common Dental Emergencies We Treat
Even if you are proactive with your oral health, dental emergencies can still occur. When they do, you need an experienced emergency dentist in Lakeland who you can turn. Drs. Vernon Smith, DMD & Mohammad Zaman, DDS handle a wide range of dental emergencies, including:
- Dental decay
- Broken, cracked or chipped tooth
- Lost crown or filling
- Tooth pain
- Dental infections
- Broken denture
- Knocked-out tooth
If you have a problem and you’re not sure whether it’s an emergency, please call our dentist office right away at (863) 858-3891. A knowledgeable member of our team will listen to your concerns and give you instructions for handling things until you can get to Quality Dental Care of Lakeland for emergency treatment.
Steps to Take in a Dental Emergency
It can be challenging to think clearly when you or a loved one has a dental emergency, so here are a few tips to keep in mind to prepare you:
- Toothache – Call our dentist office first, then try taking an over-the-counter medication like ibuprofen to relieve the pain. You can also place a cold compress on and off your face for 20-minute intervals.
- Lost crown or filling – In many cases, we can recement a crown back in place, however, a broken dental filling will need to be replaced. Gather the crown or the tooth fragments and bring them with you to our office.
- Broken denture – We know you don’t want to go without teeth for a moment longer than necessary, and if you bring it to us first thing in the morning, we may have it ready for you by the end of the day.
- Knocked-out tooth – This is the most critical of all dental emergencies. There is about a two-hour window in which we can reinsert the tooth successfully, so contact our dentist office right away. Handle the tooth by the crown and be careful not to touch the root or disturb any attached tissue. Keep the root moist by placing the tooth in a container of milk, water, or saliva until you get to our dental office.
Call Our Dentist Office in Lakeland, FL ASAP!
Please don’t hesitate to call us if you aren’t sure whether you have an emergency. We would much rather spend a few minutes chatting with you than have you suffer needlessly.
If you are looking for an "emergency dentist near me", please contact Quality Dental Care of Lakeland right away at (863) 858-3891. We will listen to your concerns and explain the steps you can take until you can come to our office and get the care you need.