Sensitive teeth can make it difficult to eat, drink, and brush your teeth. If you have sensitive teeth, our dentists at Quality Dental Care of Lakeland can help you.
Here are some effective treatments for sensitive teeth:
- Desensitizing toothpaste. Brush your teeth twice daily with desensitizing fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brushing too vigorously can harm the enamel, and desensitizing toothpaste is gentle on sensitive teeth.
- Fluoride. Our fluoride treatments can help protect sensitive teeth and reduce discomfort. Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel, and your dentist in Lakeland, FL can provide you with treatment or prescription fluoride to use at home.
- Dental bonding. Dental bonding uses composite resin to cover exposed, sensitive tooth roots.
- Gum grafting. If you have receding gums, your dentist can perform a gum graft to cover the exposed tooth roots and reduce sensitivity.
- Root canal therapy. Sometimes, a sensitive tooth may indicate you need a root canal. Our Lakeland dental office provides gentle root canals to remove infected tooth pulp and seal the tooth with a custom-made dental crown.
Book a Visit with Your Dentist in Lakeland, FL
Contact Quality Dental Care of Lakeland today for an appointment, and Dr. Vernon Smith will find an effective treatment for your tooth sensitivity.