One of our primary goals at Quality Dental Care of Lakeland is to minimize any tooth imperfections that cause hesitation when you should be smiling widely. Therefore, any treatments concerned primarily with how your teeth look are the essence of cosmetic dentistry in Lakeland, FL.
We might recommend dental bonding when you have surface problems with a tooth. This process involves a tooth-colored composite filling material that we apply directly to your teeth. We use composites produced with resins for strength and glass particles for an appearance that resembles your natural tooth color and translucence.
Dental Bonding Materials May Last for Years
The process by which Dr. Vernon Smith and Dr. Mohammad Zaman apply dental bonding material reinforces its durability. First, we build it up layer by layer to fuse each layer to the next. By this technique, dental bonding may last up to five years.
To maximize its lifespan, you’ll want to follow a few guidelines, such as:
- Brush and floss twice a day with a non-abrasive toothpaste
- Maintain regular exams and teeth cleanings
- Avoid biting down on hard foods, candy, or opening packaging with your teeth
- Minimize sugary and acidic drinks which eat into the resins
- Rinse your mouth with clear water often